Friday, March 1, 2013

"Old Man" by Lighthouse

Rachel update 4-Jul-2017:

I'm still working on posting songs from my old cassettes and I was looking at this post.  I had to laugh about my comment that I was now an "old man".  Ha ha ha ha!  At that time I was on the path to discovering that I am a woman but I was still figuring it all out...  So anyway, now in reality, I am an old woman :)



Original Post:

A few months ago I found the boxes of my old cassettes and it has been so fun listening to them.  (Note: this post is being created on 28-Sep-2014.  Yes, I am very far behind.  I also posted a few songs from the cassettes starting on 8-Jul-2014.)

Last week I started listening to them in order starting with Vol. 1 and now I've decided to do something different with this blog and post songs from my original "favorites" list that started in the early to mid 1970's, approximately 40 years ago.

I have added a picture of the very first cassette below.  If I remember correctly those Scotch C-90 tapes came in a plastic pack of 4 or 5 with no cases.  So I bought empty cases for them at Gibson's in Ogden.

It is so cool to see the old Gibson's sticker.  Gibsons was originally on 36th Street just west of Washington Blvd. in Ogden.  I guess that by the time cassettes were the preferred recording medium Gibson's had moved to their new store on about 38th and Washington Blvd.

Anyway, it is interesting that I started my favorite songs (about 140 cassettes in all) with this song.  I must have really liked it! :)

And now I guess I am an "old man" myself, but it is good!

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dZ8qReZ9Ek



No comments:

Post a Comment