Monday, May 13, 2013

"Come Together" by The Beatles

Back on April 10th I posted a delightful instrumental version of this song, but I realized today that I haven't posted the original version.  So I'm going to correct that omission now.

Years ago I heard somewhere that each verse of this song was about one of the Beatles.  Other that the verse with "Ono sidecar", I've never been able to figure out which verse was about which Beatle.  I wonder if there is anything on Wikipedia...  Damn!  In looking at the Wikipedia disambiguation page it doesn't appear that, as of now (16-Oct-2015), no one appears to have created a "Come Together" page for The Beatles song.  There are several other songs with the same title, but different artists.  Oh well...

I disagree with one of the lines they have in the lyrics, I'm pretty sure he sings "Hold you in his arms 'til you can feel his disease".

YouTube (live): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEo9Bh679wM
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_k-yqfoRk0

No comments:

Post a Comment