Wednesday, July 24, 2013

"Ground Hog" by Duke Pearson

Rachel Update 18-Mar-2020: corrected the grammar in one spot.

It's a freaking "Christmas in July" Miracle!!!

Wait, let's back up for a minute.  I'm actually writing this post (as Rachel) on 24-Dec-2017.  I was making a Christmas CD today as a gift and then I decided to combine it with a copy of the "Rachel's Happy New Year 2015" CD I made for Christmas in 2014.

Note: Some of the CD's were labeled "Scott's Happy New Year 2015" because I hadn't come out yet.  That was still a few months out...

Anyway, then I thought I should replace one song ("It Was a Very Good Year" by The Brothers Four because I later realized it was pretty misogynistic.  I had made a note about putting the song "Walking Happy" on a second disc.

That brought me to the fact that I never figured out who did the version on the cassette I where I originally heard it.  So I started playing one of those old cassettes (labeled "Easy Listening #2") to see if I could find that original version.

Just for grins I thought I would try Shazam and see if it could identify any of the songs.  Lo and behold it has identified several.  In the past it was only able to identify the well know songs.

So I've decided to list the songs on this old cassette that Shazam can identify.

The first track on side 1 is: "That's the Stuff You Gotta Watch" by Mose Allison (see my post from 5-Aug-2011)

And this song is track 2:

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqMCYCVv1xg
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDc5T2rV7Yc
YouTube (Topic): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwlaif424Ms

No comments:

Post a Comment