Thursday, July 21, 2011

"Hunger" by Christopher Cross


Photos taken when SueZQ and I were in San Francisco in 1999

Rachel  update 26-Dec-2018: added photos above.

Rachel  update 14-Feb-2017:

Funny it worked out that I'm planning to tweet (RachelTransSLC) this post today, Valentine's Day.  The lyrics to this song feel especially relevant today:

Out on this island, far from the cage most will know
Nothing was sacred, no other footprints in the snow
You took me down girl, down to a place where I don't go
Now I hunger for you, baby I hunger for you

The trace of you on my fingers, laughs at the rain
Opiate angel, the Jones in my vein
Something so desperate inside, something I just can't explain
Baby I hunger for you...  baby I hunger for you

Holding on to something pure
Holding on to something pure

Out on this island, the wind in my soul is never still
This weathered asylum, just can't keep out the chill
I'm scared that I'll find you, I'm scared even more I never will
Baby I hunger for you...  baby I hunger for you

I hunger...

They describe that feeling so perfectly!  I especially love the line "I'm scared that I'll find you, I'm scared even more I never will".   Yeah...

Original post:

I just discovered this song in the past couple of years, but it instantly became one of my favorites.

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkmrMWlOFco

No comments:

Post a Comment