Tuesday, July 12, 2011

"Taxi Town" by Swing Out Sister

Me from around 1998

Rachel update 7-Jul-2018:

Found some old photos from around Halloween 1977 into 1998.  The roll of film was developed 16-Mar-1998.  Funny my hair is about that long again now.

Original Post:

"Taxi Town" is the B-side to "Where In The World".  It is tied with "After Hours" (yesterday's song) for my #1 favorite song of all time.

The music sets the perfect mood and the lyrics are genius.  "Sinister in the silence it's keeping.  There's no escaping, when you don't know what youre running from."   It paints such a vivid scene for me.

"Taxi Town" isn't on last.fm but I did find it on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_Yd2Q3gLZg

2 comments:

  1. Many thanks! I'd love to locate an mp3 of this track.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting, they certainly don't seem to have an MP3 on Amazon. Send me an e-mail lostalternative@gmail.com and I will see if I can find one somewhere...

      Delete