Monday, April 16, 2012

"This Wall" by Wendy Waldman

Rachel update 13-Jun-2017: the original link is dead and unfortunately I can't find this song anywhere on YouTube.

Original Post:

I cannot remember what radio station used to play this song, but it remains one of my favorites.

YouTube (dead): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSr8P-Bac_g

For some reason I remember listening to this on an old receiver I had by the work bench while working on carburetor or transmission or something.

Speaking of receivers I was thinking the other day that there is now a generation or two (or more?) who have never heard the sound that old radios, with analog tuning, made as you turned the dial through the stations.

And there probably aren't too many generations left that ever selected a TV station that way.  I rememeber we had an old Raytheon television that had an analog dial to select the station.  I think it was built in 1951 or 1952.  I'll have to see if I can find the Sam's Photofact for it.

I couldn't find a Wikipedia page for Sam's Photofact, but this page is interesting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F._Rider


No comments:

Post a Comment