Sunday, April 8, 2012

"You're Crazy for Taking the Bus" by Jonathan Richman

As you can see I am way behind.  I've been in computer hell for the last two weeks and now I am behind on everything.  I still need to fill in all the days between my last post and this one, but I wanted to make this post today about my show tonight.

Tonight in my show on KCQN Utah I'm doing a tribute to my friend John Byer, that passed away in 1991.  I'm going to play some of the music that he shared with me and music that reminds me of him.

One of the artists that he was always talking about was Jonathan Richman, but I never really found the time to follow up and check him out for myself until now.  I was looking at his videos on YouTube and came across this one.  It made me laugh and I love it.

John always said how Jonathan Richman was fearless and would get up in front of an audience and sing this sappy stuff without batting an eye.  When I saw this video it was exactly what John described.  I was really laughing out loud.

Since then I have been marvelling at how, 21 years after his passing, John still brought laughter and light into my life.

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r5NkEkaXHQ

No comments:

Post a Comment