Wednesday, December 31, 2014

"It Was a Very Good Year" by The Brothers Four

A couple of days ago I wrote a blog post for today and scheduled it.  But I decided this morning I need to write a different blog for today.  I need to write a special post about what an amazing year 2014 was.  (I have moved the original post I made for today ahead to Jan 2nd.)

If you have been reading my blog in the past few months, you know I have mentioned that this year has been quite the roller coaster ride.  I have been debating whether it was possible that your best year ever and your worst year ever could be the same year?  But I have decided 2014 was the best year ever, there were just several very bad things that happened this year.

I feel like I am 100% better than I was one year ago...  in fact I will go so far as to say I am 200% or even 300% better than I was last year at this time.  While I certainly still have problems from the MS, I can say my memory is definitely better, my thinking is clearer, my hands are even better.  This morning I even trusted my right hand to carry a cup of hot coffee.

One of the things that I feel was major part of my improvement is loving myself and doing the best I can to take care of myself.  Even with MS I still feel amazing and wonderful.  And changing how I felt about myself, changed how I view the world.

The other major thing that helped me was all the support I got.  I was going to all the people who helped me, but the list is so long...  I will try to do that as soon as I have more time.  I forgot the rec center is closing early today and I haven't got my final jog for 2014 in yet....  gotta run (literally).

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbL5HegH0GU
YouTube (Frank Sinatra): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHJ3iZpfBRI

No comments:

Post a Comment